Roof Heat proofing
Roof heat proofing
Heat proofing means a process of creating a barrier or hurdle between the two object one is hot and the other is cold. For the purpose of roof heat proofing various thermal insulation materials are used in construction industry. These thermal insulation materials are helpful to reduce transfer of heat by reflecting thermal radiation and convention from one object to the other.
In Roof thermal insulation materials are used to keep roof cool and to avoid heat comes from roof. The effectiveness of roof heat proofing depends upon the material used for the purpose of insulation.
Every home or building has a roof. This outer part of the building is exposed to environment so it faces heat comes from Sun. Due to change in weather, summer temperature’s intensity especially in urban areas is increased. Because of this changing roof heat proofing is considered an essential step in construction of houses to keep them cool in summer. More temperature inside requires more air conditioning appliances which results more electricity bills. A roof with no thermal insulation material becomes a way for heat to enter. Hence during construction certain measures should be taken to protect home with the adverse effect of heat. Roof Heatproofing process is one of the best methods to keep home cool inside.
Reason of insulation and Heatproofing of houses
- Heat and Cold resistance
- Sound proofing
- Energy Conservation
There are various ways to make a roof heatproof. Some of these are mentioned in detail.
Material Used for the purpose of roof heat proofing
Mud is the natural thermal insulation material which reflects the warm rays comes from Sun. The process of roof heatproofing is accomplished by various heatproofing products which are easily available in the market. Unicorn chemical pvt limited is providing the best quality roof heat proofing material in Pakistan.
The most commonly used thermal insulation materials for the purpose of roof heatproofing are:
- Thermapore sheet (EPS)
- Jumbolon Board (XPS)
- Heatproofing Chemical Coating (Unicorn Thermo Shield)
Roof heat proofing with EPS or XPS
Roof heatproofing with EPS sheet is very effective way of Roof Heatproofing. EPS is rigid and tough closed-closed cell foam. It is made of polystyrene beads. It is also known as Styrofoam and Thermapore. The white color stuff of heat insulation material is commonly used for heatproofing of buildings and houses. Heatproofing with Thermapore sheet is considered the economical way to prevent heat loss.
Heat insulation of houses has become an unavoidable event for modern homes construction. In developed countries home construction companies and government encourages proper heat insulation process because of its energy conservation trait. Thermapore heat insulation does not only save energy but also protect residents from bitter summer heat as well as extreme cold weather.
Thermapore sheet are made from high quality material that is used as barrier between your home and extreme weather conditions. Extreme hot and cold weather have a bad impact of your indoor home environment.
Every modern building is properly and completely insulated to protect building from adverse effect of heat.
Properties of EPS and XPS sheets
- It does not allow the heat to enter the houses in summer
- It prevent heat escape from indoor home environment in winter season
- It is light weighted best insulation material. Because of its light weighted property it is commonly used for roof heatproofing purpose.
- It is non toxic insulation material
- It is CFC free and non-biodegrable material
- It never gets infected with fungi and bacteria
Steps Followed to make a Roof Heatproof
Steps followed in roof heatproofing are mentioned below:
- Roof surface must be clean and free from dust and debris before insulation of heatproofing material.
- Clean roof surface is coated with cement based slurry to avoid leakage and for the purpose of crack repairing.
- Polythene sheet is applied after cementitious coating.
- The next step of roof heatproofing process is to install XPS or EPS sheet on roof and lying mud on this type of material.
- In the last step of roof heatproofing cement based layer is made to fix the tiles on thermal insulation material (EPS or XPS). This cement coating fixes the joints of tiles completely.
Roof thermal insulation with Heatproofing Chemical coating
Heatproofing Chemical is a simple and effective way to protect building structure from harmful heat waves comes from sun and provides a cool and pleasant environment inside the building. It has anti-heat system. Because of anti-heat system it reflects the warm ways heat waves. This type of chemical can easily be applied on concrete by brush or roller. It can also be applied on wooden and metal surfaces with full of its traits.
Thermo shield a heatproofing chemical can keep your home cool in summer and warm in winter because of its heat reflection technology.
Heatproofing Chemical Insulation:
Heatproofing chemical insulation procedure is mentioned below:
- First make sure the surface to be coated with heatproofing chemical is free from dust and rust. Clean the roof surface and walls with water and wait till it dry. Area should be clean from dust and moist.
- Mixed heatproofing chemical with water mentioned on it before insulation. Mixed water in chemical in order to make it useable. It can easily be applied on surface after mixing with water.
- Apply heatproofing chemical with a paint brush so that all required area receives better coverage.
- Normally two coats of heatproofing chemical is required to make roof heatproof when the first coat dry then apply the second chemical coat.